Saturday 12 September 2015

If you had ever come...

If you had never come, I'd have never learned to laugh.
My sandwiches would still be whole, and never cut in half.
My voice would have never changed to high, or low.
You would love my favorite band, and I would never know.

If you had never come, the rain would feel so cold.
I would have lived alone forever, with a secret never told.
My tears would have no place to go, but down my cheeks in sorrow.
I'd have my own clothes, instead of yours to borrow.

If you had never come, my happiness would not have last.
There would be no names upon my bright orange cast.
I would be left alone, when I stopped to tie my shoes when walking.
No one to whisper to, as the teacher just keeps talking.

If you had never come, I would have never hopped a fence.
Doing something wrong would have never made much sense.
I never would have tasted the stars in the dead of night.
But instead, you are here with me forever, holding me tight.

-Khushi Jain

I'll be there for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment